Did you know that Jesus speaks the truth (John 8:40), and the devil speaks the lie (John 8:44)? That difference may seem elementary to anyone who knows something of what we call “the great controversy.” But the lie must be very subtle at times, as it appeals to our self-interest and focus. The devil is a master at this deception (Revelation 12:9; 20:3, 8, 10). Remember Jesus pointedly warned against this very danger, especially during the time just prior to His second coming (Matthew 24:3-5, 11, 24).
We are now at that time, and have been, according to the prophecies, since the beginning of the Advent movement. Within our own history there is abundant evidence of the many attempts Satan has made to deceive. After all, if he can confuse God’s workers, his bigger schemes are more successful.
Consider this wise counsel from 110 years ago:
I have had presentations regarding the deceptions that Satan is bringing in at this time. I have been instructed that we should make prominent the testimony of some of the old workers who are now dead. Let them continue to speak through their articles as found in the early numbers of our papers. These articles should now be reprinted, that there may be a living voice from the Lord’s witnesses. The history of the early experiences in the message will be a power to withstand the masterly ingenuity of Satan’s deceptions…. (Counsels to Writers and Editors, page 26)
We are pleased to share with you the latest in our efforts to reprint the writings of these witnesses and make “the history of the early experiences” available. Because you and I need that “power to withstand”!
Pioneers Writings in New EGW Apps
Titles Now in Print
In our last report we told of six reprinted books now available:
- The Complete Testimony of the Fathers of the First Three Centuries Concerning the Sabbath and First Day, by J.N. Andrews
- History of the Sabbath and First Day of the Week, by J.N. Andrews
- The Autobiography of Elder Joseph Bates, by Joseph Bates*
- The National Sunday Law, by A.T. Jones*
- O Grande Movimento Adventista [Portuguese version of The Great Second Advent Movement] by J.N. Loughborough
- No Poder do Espírito [Portuguese version of In the Spirit’s Power (the Armadale Sermons)] by W.W. Prescott
Within our own history there is abundant evidence of the many attempts Satan has made to deceive.
Since then we have added the following:
- Memoirs of William Miller, by S.S. Bliss
- The Divine-Human Family, by W.W. Prescott
- In the Spirit’s Power (the Armadale Sermons), by W.W. Prescott
- A Lei Dominical Nacional [Portuguese version of The National Sunday Law] by A.T. Jones
- Word to the “Little Flock” by James White
- El Gran Movimiento Adventista [Spanish version of The Great Second Advent Movement] by J.N. Loughborough*
- The Great Second Advent Movement, by J.N. Loughborough [new 2015 edition]*
- Studies in Christian Education, by E.A. Sutherland
All of these powerful materials are available through our Light Bearers Resource Center. For orders of five or more of one title, we offer retail discounts of 10% to 30%, wholesale (for resellers) up to 50%. Contact email@example.com for details.
We are donating the remaining inventory of our 1992 edition of The Great Second Advent Movement to English speaking countries overseas. Already 12 cases are on their way to South Africa, and 70 cases are headed to the Philippines, courtesy of Strawberry Meadow Association.
Plans for the Future
We feel strongly that God desires us to make available a free PDF collection of the pioneers’ works with a Text-to-Speech application that will read any desired title to you. The technology to do this has advanced to the place where the readings are quite easy to listen to. This project will require some funding, so if God impresses you to help, please let us know. For more information about this project, feel free to contact us.