Policies & Practices
Light Bearers has a strong commitment to maintaining your privacy. While some of our services require the collection of personal information (processing donations, orders, applications, etc.) we ask for only necessary information, taking the utmost care to protect it. This statement explains the type of information collected on our website (lightbearers.org) and how this information is protected and used.
Collection of Information
Light Bearers collects personally identifiable information that you share with us (e-mail, name, address, etc) as well as anonymous demographic information (ZIP code, age, gender, etc). Light Bearers utilizes Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect some of this data. You may opt out of this anonymous data collection here.
Information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by lightbearers.org (browsing device, IP address, browser type, etc).
Use of Personal Information
Light Bearers uses your personal information to deliver the services you have requested, to inform you of other products or services available from Light Bearers, and to maintain our services. For example, we use web forms to collect information when you request literature, make a purchase, apply for ARISE, etc.
Under no circumstances does Light Bearers sell, rent or lease your information to third parties. Light Bearers may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Light Bearers, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Light Bearers will only disclose your personal information if required to do so to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Light Bearers, or (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Light Bearers.
Security of Personal Information
Light Bearers secures all personally identifiable information you provide on servers in controlled, secure environments, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Light Bearers makes every effort to ensure the secure collection and transmission of sensitive user information employing industry-standard data collection and encryption protocols.
Updates to this Statement
This statement may be modified. We encourages you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how Light Bearers is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about about this statement or how your information is handled, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at
37457 Jasper Lowell Rd.
Jasper, OR 97438
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on May 25, 2018 and imposes obligations on companies that control or process personal data of European Union residents.
Light Bearers is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Light Bearers recognizes its obligation to handle personal data it collects and uses in accordance with data protection legislation and best data protection practices. If you have any questions relating to compliance with GDPR, please email us at email@example.com.
This policy is intended to encourage staff (paid and volunteer), Board members and others to report suspected or actual occurrence(s) of illegal, unethical or inappropriate events (behaviors or practices) without retribution.
- The Whistleblower should promptly report the suspected or actual event to his/her supervisor.
- If the Whistleblower would be uncomfortable or otherwise reluctant to report to his/her supervisor, then the Whistleblower could report the event to the next highest or another level of management, including to an appropriate Board committee or member.
- The Whistleblower can report the event with his/her identity or anonymously.
- The Whistleblower shall receive no retaliation or retribution for a report that was provided in good faith–that was not done primarily with malice to damage another or the organization.
- A Whistleblower who makes a report that is not done in good faith is subject to discipline, including termination of the employee or Board relationship, or other legal means to protect the reputation of the organization and members of its Board and staff.
- Anyone who retaliates against the Whistleblower (who reported an event in good faith) will be subject to discipline, including termination of employee status or Board.
- Crimes against person or property, such as assault, rape, burglary, etc., should immediately be reported to local law enforcement.
- Supervisors, managers and/or Board members who receive the reports must promptly act to investigate and/or resolve the issue.
- The Whistleblower shall receive a report within five business days of the initial report, regarding the investigation, disposition or resolution of the issue.
- If the investigation of a report, that was done in good faith and investigated by internal personnel, is not to the Whistleblower’s satisfaction, then he/she has the right to report the event to the appropriate legal or investigative agency.
- The identity of the Whistleblower, if known, shall remain confidential to those persons directly involved in applying this policy, unless the issue requires investigation by law enforcement, in which case members of the organization are subject to subpoena.
Light Bearers is committed to financial transparency which provides information about our fiscal and financial operations. Complete copies of the audited financial statements and 990 form are distributed to our board of directors and available upon request.
You can be assured that every gift you give to Light Bearers will be put to maximum use with the highest financial standards of integrity.
Light Bearers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all donations are tax-deductible. Committed to the highest standards of Christian stewardship, we are audited semi-annually by an outside accounting firm and accountable to a board of directors who meet twice annually for financial review. The financial support you entrust to us is handled with prayer, integrity and careful planning for greatest impact on our needy world.
We greatly appreciate your prayers and support. We can’t do what we do without you. Thank you for being part of this ministry!Give Now